Commitment Deposit Information
1) Commitment Deposit
2) Payment of Commitment Deposit
3) Is there anything else I need to do?
4) Is the Commitment Deposit Refundable?
5) What will happen if I no longer want to take up my place or my financial or personal circumstances prevent me from doing so?
6) If I defer my place on a Postgraduate Programme can I also defer my deposit?
7) What will happened after I have paid my deposit?
8) What happens when I arrive and register at Loughborough University?
9) Do I need to pay this commitment deposit in order to guarantee that I receive a visa or entry clearance?
10) Do I need to pay the commitment deposit to guarantee my place at Loughborough University?
11) Do I need to pay the commitment deposit to guarantee the allocation of University accommodation?
The United Kingdom 's immigration rules for students seeking permission to enter the country are clearly documented at a number of sources. These include
www.ukvisas.gov.uk, www.ukcosa.org.uk and http://www.britishcouncil.org/education/
A key requirement is that you are able and intend to follow a recognised full-time degree course at a publicly funded institution of higher education. Clear evidence of your commitment to a particular University in which you want to study is one of the criteria used in determining whether to issue a visa for entry clearance to the UK . Entry Clearance Officers also require evidence that you have sufficient funds to pay your fees and living costs for yourself and your family if you are bringing them with you. Payment of a commitment deposit will form part of this evidence.
Loughborough University is responding to advice from both the British Council and Heads of Visa Sections within UK Embassies that payment of a deposit is one means of showing serious commitment to a particular institution.
The University will indicate on your University Admission Certificate that you have paid this commitment deposit. This Certificate will form part of the information that you may submit to the Entry Clearance Officer.
You will be pleased to know that there are other benefits to you from such an early commitment to the University. Payment of a deposit gives a financial guarantee that your place at Loughborough University is secure.
We recommend wherever possible that you pay by credit card as this is the quickest way for your payment to reach the University’s bank account.
Please note that payments by bank transfer can take up to two weeks to reach the University’s bank account.
Payments can be made as follows:
- Credit Card or Debit Card by telephone to the Finance Office, Loughborough University. Telephone: +44 1509 222 031
- Credit Card or Debit Card online at http://www.lboro.ac.uk/admin/financial/pages/online payment.htm
Please note that payments will only be accepted if you have your Student Identification (ID) Number . This is not your application reference number but is the number that will be issued with your registration documents once you have met all the conditions of, and accepted, your offer.
- Direct transfer into our bank account:
Account No : 50682047
Bank Name : Barclays Bank Plc, Bishop Meadow Road Branch, Loughborough, LE11 5RB, UK
Bank Sort Code : 20-52-69
When making a payment by Direct Bank Transfer you must always use your application reference number (or your student ID number) as your bank payment reference (i.e. the reference number on the official bank transfer form that you will complete at your bank). If you do not do this we may be unable to identify and confirm receipt of your payment.
- Cheque made payable to “ Loughborough University”, drawn on a UK bank account and mailed to:
Incomes Section, Finance Office, Loughborough University, Leics LE11 3TU, UK
- Bankers Draft made payable to Loughborough University and mailed to: Incomes Section, Finance Office, Loughborough University, Leics LE11 3TU, UK
The best method of completing and submitting the Commitment Deposit Payment Form is online at http://www.lboro.ac.uk/admin/ar/forms/deposit/form.htm as this will ensure we receive the form in the quickest possible time.
If you are paying by cheque or bankers draft you should also send this form with the cheque.
If you are paying by direct bank transfer, credit card or debit card you should complete and return the Commitment Deposit Payment Confirmation Form by using one of the following methods:
- Online at http://www.lboro.ac.uk/admin/ar/forms/deposit/form.htm
- By fax Fax: +44 1509 223 909 or
- By post (to the address stated on the form)
5) What will happen if I no longer want to take up my place or my financial or personal circumstances prevent me from doing so?Your deposit will not be refunded. We therefore strongly advise you to only pay a commitment deposit if you are certain that you intend to, and are able to, take up your place at Loughborough University .
7) What will happened after I have paid my deposit?If you have accepted your offer, completed and returned the financial confirmation form, and met any academic conditions of your offer we will send you an Admission Certificate which will confirm that you have paid a commitment deposit towards your tuition fees. Your Admission Certificate should be used when applying for your student visa.
9) Do I need to pay this commitment deposit in order to guarantee that I receive a visa or entry clearance?If you choose not to pay the commitment deposit your visa application will still be considered and the University will give you the appropriate documents to aid you with this application.
11) Do I need to pay the commitment deposit to guarantee the allocation of University accommodation?No, you will need to apply for accommodation through Student Accommodation Services. As there is limited accommodation at Loughborough we would advise you do this as soon as possible.
Tel: +44 (0)1509 222 496
Fax: +44(0)1509 223 977
For accommodation queries please contact:
Student Accommodation Services
Tel: + 44 (0)1509 222 258
Fax: + 44 (0) 1509 223 906
For queries related to your payment please contact:
Incomes Section, Finance Office
Tel +44 (0)1509 223 538
Fax +44 (0)1509 223 909
Email - email@example.com