The Admissions Team:
Jennifer Allen and Denise DiFiglia
The Academy of the New Church Secondary Schools are an educational arm of the world wide organization called the General Church of the New Jerusalem, which often refers to itself simply as the New Church.
Steps for Admission
- Complete an Online Inquiry.
- Tour of the School — Come and experience our school during a scheduled Open House or call the Admissions Office at (267) 502-2539 for a private tour.
- New Church Orientation — Required of all applicant's parents or guardians, this program provides an overview of the theology that our school is based upon. These seminars are scheduled regularly and are held at Bryn Athyn Cathedral.
- Application — Priority Deadline: February 1. | Application Forms for download
- Parent Cooperation Agreement
- Transcript Release Form
- Recommendation from the student's current Math and English teachers
- $50.00 application fee — Check can be made out to "Academy of the New Church"
- Standardized Testing — We accept SSAT, PSAT, SAT, or IOWA scores. To find an SSAT test site near you visit www.ssat.org.
- Shadowing Day — once you have completed all of the above steps, our Admissions Office will call you to schedule a convenient time for you to visit a day of classes.
- Interview — If possible, we request that both of a student's parents or guardians come in for an interview. This can be arranged the same day as your student’s Shadow Day or at another time that is convenient for you.
Applying to ANC
Visiting CampusBefore filling out an application, we strongly recommend a campus visit.
On a campus visit you can see our campus – from the Fine Arts Center to the Asplundh Field House – and get a sense for whether ANC might be the right fit for you. While here, you can meet some of our students and teachers, eat meals in the dining hall, and sit in on classes to get a feel for what your ANC education might be like.
To schedule a campus visit contact the Admissions Office: firstname.lastname@example.org, (267) 502-2539 .
We look forward to seeing you on campus!
College and Career CounselingThe College and Career Counseling program at ANC works to guide each of our students through the process of selecting and applying to college and/or planning their career path.
Because most of our students continue into higher education, a major focus of this office is college counseling. For all of our students (and the parents of our students) planning to continue their educations after leaving ANC, we highly recommend Getting Started: Guide to the College Admissions Process [pdf].
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.