The Admissions ProcessApplications for admission are accepted from first time freshmen any time during the calendar year. There are four criteria to gain admission to Alcorn State University. Students who do not meet one of the criteria will be required to participate in a Summer Developmental Program.
About Student AffairsAsk ASU students what makes this place special and you’ll hear about the Alcorn Pride– all the traditions that come to life the moment you step on campus. It’s about bonding with a new roommate, connecting with a campus organization or club, being celebrated for individuality and finding safe and fun ways to unwind after class.
The Division of Student Affairs makes sure that these traditions stay strong and that each student feels safe and supported in exploring new challenges. By promoting self-knowledge, leadership, responsibility and diversity, we are cultivating student excellence every single day.
We are the Division of Student Affairs, and we invite you to be a part of our heritage.
STUDENT AFFAIRS MISSION STATEMENT
- Strives to build an environment that supports diversity through sensitivity, advocacy, leadership and education through a wide range of educational opportunities, a greater appreciation and understanding of diversity and preparation to assume leadership roles in the community.
- Fosters students’ academic and intellectual development and creates a climate that reinforces learning in all aspects of student life.
- Creates services, programs, and opportunities to assist students with their personal and professional development.
- Provides advice regarding career options and helps prepare and guide students in reaching their career goals.
- Assists all students in successfully making the transition from student status to post-graduate training and committed institutional alumni.
- Responds to the issues, ideas and needs of all constituencies, internal and external, by providing support and services to students, faculty, staff, alumni and the community.
DIVISION GOALSGoal 1: Provide Quality Service
Strive for excellence in the quality and delivery of programs and services by providing convenient, personal service to our constituents, enhancing resources, integrating information technology, and promoting student development through strengthening the development of interpersonal, leadership, communication, and personal relations skills that enhance and complement the academic performance of students and the achievement of career aspirations.