Costs and admission
Want to work out your fees?Not sure whether you need financial help? You can estimate the fees for your study programme at the Fees web pages.
Student loansAll full-time domestic students qualify for a loan from the Government to help pay for fees, course-related costs and living costs. You can find out more and apply on the Studylink website.
Help with living costsYou may qualify for a student allowance, which is designed to help full-time students meet their living costs for up to five years. You need to be a permanent New Zealand resident to apply and there are maximum income thresholds. You can find more information and apply for a student allowance on the Studylink website.
AdmissionTo be admitted to study for a Massey postgraduate diploma, postgraduate certificate, Bachelor (Honours) degree or Masters degree, you need to have:
- qualified in a relevant Bachelor degree with a grade point average that shows you are prepared for the advanced programme, or
- an approved academic qualification of similar standing to the relevant Bachelor degree, or
- been granted admission with equivalent status and be entitled to proceed to the specified diploma or degree.
Admission to a Doctoral degree
- have completed and passed a Bachelors (Hons) or Masters Degree with First Class Honours, or Second Class Division 1 Honours or the equivalent
- for PhD degree admission, visit the Graduate Research School web pages or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where appropriate to a specific qualification, you may also need to:
- provide evidence of practical/professional experience of an acceptable standard in an area or areas relevant to the qualification, or
- at the request of the Academic Board, carry out any work and satisfy any assessments that the Board may require for your admission.
Academic admissionIf you’re an international student, our International Office offers you pre-admission advice and manages your admission application. To be admitted to a Massey University programme, you need to meet academic and English language requirements.
- If you want to study a postgraduate programme you need an appropriate undergraduate degree from a recognised university. Your approval for admission will be assessed by the relevant College Academic Director.
- If you want to study for a Doctorate, you need a high-calibre Master’s or Bachelor with Honours degree and demonstrable research skills. Your application will need to be approved by our Doctoral Research Committee.
- If you want to study for an MBA, you need a Bachelor degree, at least two years’ work experience and a CV. You’ll also need to attend an interview. If you don’t have all these requirements, you may prefer to consider the Master of Management as an alternative.
International students feesFor information about fees for international students including information about which students are eligible to pay domestic fees see the Fees web pages.
For more information about admission and fees visit the International Students website.