About applying for admission
- an international qualification, i.e. a qualification completed outside New Zealand; or
- a New Zealand University Foundation Studies qualification.
- Entrance level - for students beginning their university study;
- Credit - for students who have already done some tertiary study;
- Certificate of Proficiency - for students not seeking a University of Canterbury degree or diploma; and
- Postgraduate level - for students who have graduated with a first degree.
If you have already studied at another New Zealand university at undergraduate level, please see the transferring international students webpage (enrolment website).
application forms page for forms which can be printed off and sent to us by post or courier.
At undergraduate level, we recommend that you apply before 1 November for Semester One (February start) and before 1 May for Semester Two (July).
At graduate and postgraduate level, we recommend that you apply at least six months before your intended start date.
Current approximate processing times for complete applications are:
- Undergraduate (entrance level): 2 weeks
- Undergraduate (study abroad): 2 weeks
- Postgraduate (including graduate): 6 weeks
- Transfer of credit: 8 weeks