First-year students apply to one of four undergraduate schools: Architecture, Arts and Sciences, Engineering, or Nursing. Students interested in Education, Commerce, or the Batten School for Leadership and Public Policy apply for these schools after one or two years in the College of Arts and Sciences. Please see the schools' websites for more details.
We focus on the following:
- Excellent performance in a rigorous secondary-school program
- Recommendation from guidance counselor and one teacher (required)
- Extra-curricular involvement and honors
- Writing as demonstrated in the Admission Essays
- Results from the SAT I or ACT (including writing section)
- Results from SAT Subject Tests (strongly recommended; any two subjects of your choice)